ICC’s Child Rights Program (hereinafter CRP or the Program) exists to help transform the lives and status of children everywhere. ICC works through the fullest implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (hereinafter CRC or the Convention ) and other human rights instruments. We want all children to be respected as individual persons and treated as full and equal members of the society. ICC’s CRP works to achieve this overarching goal through promotion of the CRC and through empowering children and organizations working with/
for children to stand up for children’s rights. ICC identified four main advocacy streams within CRP. Each stream has projects and activities leading to the overarching goal presented above:
A. Children’s and young people’s participation
B. Capacity building and networking
C. Monitoring and reporting implementation of CRC
D. Mainstreaming CRC
By working in partnership with national and international organizations, ICC increases its impact
in informing stakeholders on the rights of the child and creating change in lives of children through beter national and international legal frameworks, policies, programs and projects.
• Child Rights Education for Professionals (CRED-PRO). ICC serves as the regional coordinating office for the Commonwealth of Independent States and South/Central/Eastern Europe for child rights education for health professionals.
• ICC is an active member of the Child Rights International Network (CRIN) and collaborates with the network in its legal advocacy and other international advocacy initiatives.
• Ending Child Prostitution, Child Sale and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes (ECPAT International) recently accepted ICC as the lead agency in Turkey bringing together 33 strong
non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to combat commercial sexual exploitation in Turkey. ICC serves as the secretariat of the network
• ICC is also member of the Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children.
• ICC has recently been accepted by the European NGO Alliance for Child Safety Online.
• ICC is one of the founding members and acts as the secretariat of the Ankara Child Rights Platform, the leading child rights coalition in Turkey.